• The Banshee did a lovely production of LAY ME DOWN SOFTLY by Billy Roche. As always, Banshees have beautiful tales to tell.
• Had my reel redone with completely new material. On the "Reel" link. Also on my IMDb page.
• To the Taper this month to audition to stand in for Lois Smith in their production of MARJORIE PRIME. This is an outstanding play and you can just imagine, Lois Smith is going be revelatory!
• Can't help mentioning that I'm now 4 years off cigarettes. I was greatly aided by non-nicotine e-cigs. I am so grateful for them. It's just plain amazing that I quit smoking.
• Another wonderful treat at my beloved Actors Studio. A screening of Legacy of the Group Theatre, narrated by Joanne Woodward. These guys were the real dream makers: Harold Clurman, Lee Strasberg, Cheryl Crawford, Clifford Odetts. They birthed our modern American acting method.
• Booked a dark funny indie called BONED. Check it here. I don't play the dog walker, the doctor, or the dominatrix, but an over-protective dog lover with an attitude! You'll laugh, I swear these people are funny.
• Called in for ADR on FAMILY UNIT which means I got to see many of the team again. The scenes I saw look really good. Everybody's happy.
• One of the things I love about the Actors Studio is that we are often visited by wonderful artists. This time, I saw Jan Jonson do his 1-man show about directing WAITING FOR GODOT in prisons around the world. Here's a link to his site. He's really amazing. After the show, he brought along 3 of his cast from Sing-Sing prison to talk about their experience. Wow.
• MONSTER GIRLS shooting. Fun! Behive hair-do, total rockabilly wonderfulness. Shooting in a cool retro LA apartment building. Dark halls and squeaky floors, yeah.
• Took a hilarious little short film, THE LITTLE OLD LADY FROM RANCHO CUCAMONGA. It's my 2nd horror project. This one, the cat is a bewitched killer at my orders. Lots of blood and gore when kitty goes on a rampage!
• Doing a reading of MONSTER GIRLS at We Make Movies over at the Elephant. Very energized group and the reading went great.
• Playing a wonderfully Hawaii-obsessed lady in the Playwrights Unit of the Actors Studio, moderated by Mark Rydell.
• Booked FAMILY UNIT! We're shooting out at Mira Loma prison. The prison is in transition now and the guards are generous with their time, giving us tours. So happy to be doing this.
• Just booked a couple really interesting new media project called MONSTER GIRLS. Playing a rockabilly landlady. It's a kind of Barton Finkish world. Director and writer: Matt Soson.
• Called back for a marvelous film, FAMILY UNIT, about a conjugal visit between a husband and wife. She's in prison for...(shhhh, it's a secret). Very cool young director, Zach Marion.